This pot still design has been created to allow the delicate compounds that form the complex structure of many whiskeys and gins. This iconic vee shape still has been created to capture the vital esters, aldehydes and phenolic compounds that are necessary to give the final spirit a complexity that simply cannot be created any other way.
A pot still is used when you want the flavor of the wash to come through. For instance, if you ferment fruit or grains, it will allow some of that flavor to enter your distillate. If you use a reflux still, you would just end up with pure, unflavored vodka. Inject some flavor into your drinks with the Alcoengine Distilling Pot Still!
- Fast – 4.5L/hr with alcohol or 2.8L/hr with water With an all copper construction for smoothness of taste it comes with a digital thermometer and is simple to use. Just switch it on and collect your alcohol – it couldn’t be simpler than that!
- No more messing around with water flow speed! Some stills are hard to operate and require fine tuning of the water flow in the condenser. This Alcoengine design, on the other hand, just requires a minimum water flow rate and that is it. So the as long as you have enough coolant it doesn’t matter how fast your coolant flows through the still. This makes the still far easier to operate than many other brands.
- Easiest Still to Use – All you need to do is make sure you have adequate water/coolant flowing through the head and just about everything else will look after itself.
- Compatible with Many Boilers – This still design is compatible with many boiler types. One option is just get a pot and drill a 47mm hole in the lid. The still also fits many standard boilers such as the standard Turbo and Digi Boilers, Brewzillas, and even the Grainfather. This still can also fit the top of stainless steel kegs too. So you can easily make your own keg boiler. You can use a 2inch tri-clover clamp (not included) and then use the clamp to attach this still to the top of a keg.
- Solid Copper – Unlike stainless steel stills and stills that are only copper plated, this still is made from solid copper. When your hot spirit comes in contact with copper the copper acts like a catalytic converter and drives sulfur out of the spirit. This process means you get less “off-flavors” and you simply get better quality spirit. Copper is an expensive metal now and it definitely increases the cost of the still manufacture but we can say for sure that there is a very good reason why it’s still the preferred material by many serious distillers simply because the results are superior.
- Simple Assembly and Setup – This still is mostly assembled. Just connect your garden hose and coolant supply. You can use your garden hose or a large tank with pump setup to save water. Please make sure you connect all the fittings and check for leaks before you start distilling. There is nothing worse than trying to attach a fitting once the still has heated up.
- Features Lead free brass and Lead free silver soldering
- Designed and assembled in Australia.
- Legality Disclaimer
There are no reviews yet.