This reflux still design is perfect for enthusiasts wanting to make clean pure neutral spirit. This flow management (FM) design of reflux still has been designed to create high percentage pure neutral spirit. The FM technology used in this design makes this process robust and easy to use. No need to worry about water pressures and fine tuning of water flow speeds. The FM design gives you direct control of the reflux ratio and therefore the purity of your end product. It’s never been so easy to enjoy the craft of distillation.
- Fast – 4.5L/hr with alcohol or 2.8L/hr with water With an all copper construction for smoothness of taste it comes with a digital thermometer and is simple to use. Just switch it on and collect your alcohol – it couldn’t be simpler than that!
- Some stills are hard to operate and require fine tuning of the water flow in the condenser. This means that you have to constantly adjust the flow of water/coolant to get consistent results. This can be an issue if you are using a pressure pump that cycles on and off in your house or it can even be an issue if you flush the toilet and momentarily the pressure in your hose feeding the still drops. This still on the other hand is a FM design which controls the flow of spirit directly. So as long as you have enough coolant it doesn’t matter how fast your coolant flows through the still. This makes the still far easier to operate than many other brands like the t500. The purity of the spirit can be controlled by two included flow control inserts. These brass inserts come with a 1.0mm hole and a 0.6mm hole. As the hole gets smaller you the speed of which the spirit comes out of the still will decrease and this will in turn increase your reflux ratio and therefore give you higher purity. This makes this still design extremely easy to use as you just open up the ball valve and let the flow control insert of your choice do the job. Typically the 1.0mm insert is good for stripping runs and then on the final cut you can use the 0.6mm insert. Alternatively you can use the ball valve to control the spirit flow too but this is a sensitive adjustment and required a bit more skill for this type of manual adjustment so we recommend you just use the brass inserts that come included.
- Easiest Still to Use – All you need to do is make sure you have adequate water/coolant flowing through the head and just about everything else will look after itself.
- Compatible with Many Boilers – This still design is compatible with many boiler types. One option is just get a pot and drill a 47mm hole in the lid. The still also fits many standard boilers such as the standard Turbo and Digi Boilers, Brewzillas, and even the Grainfather. This still can also fit the top of stainless steel kegs too. So you can easily make your own keg boiler. You can use a 2inch tri-clover clamp (not included) and then use the clamp to attach this still to the top of a keg.
- Solid Copper – Unlike stainless steel stills and stills that are only copper plated, this still is made from solid copper. When your hot spirit comes in contact with copper the copper acts like a catalytic converter and drives sulfur out of the spirit. This process means you get less “off-flavors” and you simply get better quality spirit. Copper is an expensive metal now and it definitely increases the cost of the still manufacture but we can say for sure that there is a very good reason why it’s still the preferred material by many serious distillers simply because the results are superior.
- Simple Assembly and Setup – This still is mostly assembled. Just connect your garden hose and coolant supply. You can use your garden hose or a large tank with pump setup to save water. Please make sure you connect all the fittings and check for leaks before you start distilling. There is nothing worse than trying to attach a fitting once the still has heated up.
- Features Lead free brass and Lead free silver soldering
- Designed and assembled in Australia.
- Legality Disclaimer