The new and improved FermZilla (Formerly Fermentasaurus Gen 1)
Although the original Fermentasaurus was revolutionary at the time of its conception, there are always areas to improve upon. This is partly due to the strong community of Fermentasaurus users who have helped push for an improved conical unitank. What’s New and Improved on the Fermzilla?
- Larger Dump Valve – 3″ butterfly dump valve is more resistant to clogging from large amounts of trub
- Larger Opening – 4.75″ top port opening allows for easier cleaning
- Less Headspace – more appropriately sized for 5-gallon batches. Purging the headspace of oxygen is easier and more effective.
The Fermzilla is the world’s first conical PET fermenter that is pressurizable up to 2.4 Bar working pressure. Home brewers can see the yeast in action as the Fermzilla is crystal clear. You can dump yeast from the conical shape and clarify the beer without the need to rack off into another vessel. In the past, clarifying beer meant racking from one fermenter to another increasing the risks of infection and oxidation. Don’t waste time and put your beer at risk; now you can ferment, clarify and carbonate in one vessel! The Fermzilla comes with a 1000 ml yeast harvesting container that is also pressure rated. The yeast harvesting container is ideal so you can save your yeast from one brew and pitch it into the next brew. The Fermzilla has been designed with a sanitary butterfly valve with a stainless gate. This butterfly valve has been designed so that no threads are immersed in liquid when the Fermzilla is in use. Many fermenters on the market use ball valves which are notoriously difficult to sanitize as the ball valve assemblies have small cavities in them that fill with liquid and are near impossible to clean without disassembly.
LINK TO INSTRUCTIONS
- FermZilla 27L Tank with Butterfly Dump Valve
- Reinforced Stainless Steel Stand
- Top Lid with Pressure Relief Valve (35 psi)
- 1000 ml Collection Container & Lid
- 3-Piece Airlock
- Graduation Sticker
- Adhesive Thermometer
- Strap Wrench
- Spare Seals
- 27 L (7.1 gal) Total Volume
- Pressure Rated to 2.4 Bar (34.8 psi)
- Temperature Rated to 122°F
- Height in Stand – 28.3″
- Height w/ Airlock – 32.7″
- Tank Diameter – 13.9″
- Diameter in Stand – 15.7″
Optional Pressure Kit (Sold Seperately)
- With the optional pressure kit you can presurize the vessel up to 35psi to allow you to carbonate and dispense directly from vessel like a keg! Alternatively you can transfer under pressure to stainless kegs with practically no exposure to oxygen. Includes barb for bottle filling from bottom dump that accommodates 3/8” or 1/2” tubing
- The breakthrough in this new design means that customers can finally naturally carbonate their clear conditioned beer in the Fermzilla and dispense directly to tap.
- No need to carbonate beer in the keg or bottle. You can drink directly from the Fermzilla saving time and hassle.