Heavy duty, old-style Ratchet Press, a longtime favorite of winemakers. Heavy painted cast iron center screw and ratchet with reversible pawls. Epoxy painted steel base with boltable legs to support the press and channel the juice into your containers. The 2-part Maple stave basket has steel bands that connect with quick release levers for fast, easy pulp or pomace removal. Includes heavy wooden press plates and a set of four wooden spacing blocks.
- #25 Ratchet Press has a 10″ x 14″ basket with a 50 pound capacity (Special Order Only – Call for current availability)
- #30 Ratchet Press has a 12″ x 16″ Basket with a 80 Pound Capacity (Special Order Only – Call for current availability)
- Other Sizes Available – Contact us for current pricing and availability
– Cheesecloth or Nylon Straining bags are recommended to help contain the pulp or pomace during pressing.
– For grapes and soft fruits, the fruit must be crushed before pressing.
– For apples and hard fruits, the fruit must be crushed and pulped before pressing.
– Rice hulls can be mixed into the crushed fruit to help juice flow more freely.
Please Note: This Item has seasonal availability. Interested customers should contact us for current availability and times in transit.