The Joy of Home Distilling – The Ultimate Guide to Making Your Own Vodka, Whiskey, Rum, Brandy, Moonshine, and More. by Rick Morris.
A complete guide for beginner and intermediate distillers. Readers will learn about every facet of distilling, from yeast styles and nutritional requirements to the different methods of distillation and equipment, and post-distillation processes. Author Rick Morris, who has been selling distillation equipment for years, even includes his own recipes for different types of spirits and drink recipes. By learning not just how to distill, but also what is happening at each step and why it is needed, readers will be armed with the information they need to experiment with their own spirits and concoct their own recipes. Easy to understand even for a first-time distiller, The Joy of Home Distilling is sure to become your number one distilling resource.
Topics covered include:
- What distillation is and common misconceptions about the process
- The legalities surrounding distilling alcohol at home
- What yeast is, what it does, and how to ensure that you get a strong, complete fermentation
- Step-by-step instructions for the different processes, from bucket to bottle
- The difference between spirit types and how to produce each
- Carbon filtering—when it’s necessary, when to filter, and why you filter
- Flavoring and aging your spirits
There are no reviews yet.